Wątki bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne wątki Teraz jest 29 mar 2024, o 13:14

Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 18 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2
Greetings from Ashkenatza 
Autor Wiadomość

Mayn Herr,

A very wise suggestion. Let us lay the foundations before we build a greater monument to our new friendship. Please remember that should Interland require any military installations on Greater Djerba, the offer will always be there. I am sure that as our ties grow closer, these military links can be investigated in more depth.

We have a tradition in Ashkenatza of giving Treaties with our friends unique names to reflect the nations in question. For example, our alliance with the Alexandrians is known as the Treaty of the Two Eagles, and the treaty with Flanders as the Treaty of Wickenburgh. Do you have any suggestions for a name?

I would propose the following Treaty, which I think from our discussion will suit both our nations' interests:

Cytuj:
TREATY NAME HERE

Traktat między Republiką Aszkenaca i Republiką Interlandu

העסקעם צווישן דער רעפובליק פון אשקענאצא און דער רעפובליק פון ינטערלאַנד
Heskem tzvishn der Republik fun Ashkenatza und der Republik fun Interland

The Republic of Ashkenatza and Republic of Interland, hereafter referred two as the 'two Republics' desirous of strengthening their ties and building a friendly bilateral relationship, agree to embark on a path of non-aggression, mutual recognition and political and economic co-operation. The peoples of both Republics, committed as they are to the democratic ideal and the rights and liberties of their respective citizens, to eachother's stability and security and that of the Greater Keltian region as a whole, commit themselves to the following pledges and principles:

Article I: Mutual Recognition and Non-Aggression
The two Republics hereby recognise eachother as independent, sovereign micronations. They will respect the possessions of the other, virtual or physical, and their complete territorial integrity. Neither party will aid nor abet any attack or subversive act against the other. An attack on one Republic will grant the other a Casus Belli upon the hostile party.

Article II: Political Co-Operation
The two Republics will endeavour to identify joint spheres of mutual co-operation and may render unto eachother diplomatic and political support on the intermicronational arena when deemed necessary. Each nation will invite the other to open a Legation and Consulates so as to foster further diplomatic co-operation.

Article III: Economic Co-Operation
Two free trade zones in the territories of both Republics (for Interland, the port of ___ and for Ashkenatza the port of Roithafn) shall be opened to foster the free exchange of goods and services. Both nations shall simplify the processes for and reduce the requirements for visa applications and invite the other to invest in identified areas of mutual economic growth. Transport links between two territories will be improved, in particular between Interland and the Ashkenatzi territories of the Mala'eretz and Wansun.

Article IV: Community and Cultural Co-Operation
Concrete steps will be taken to increase contact between the citizens of both Ashkenatza and Interland and both governments will encourage citizens of one Republic to visit the other, so as to develop a friendly and lively relationship on a grassroots level. Cultural programmes and exchanges will be actively encouraged to familiarise citizens with the culture of the other Republic.

Article V: Amendment
This Treaty may be amended upon receipt of signatures by accredited representatives of both nations to the amendment in question and may be repealed after giving the other party one month's prior notice.

Article VI: Enactment
This Treaty shall enter into force upon the receipt of signatures of accredited representatives of both nations.

Signed,

FOR THE REPUBLIC OF ASHKENATZA

FOR THE REPUBLIC OF INTERLAND

On this day, the __ of _____, 2012/5773

What we have above is a Treaty of Non-Aggression and Mutual Recognition with some concrete steps towards economic and political co-operation between our nations. We in Ashekenatza try to write each treaty separately to reflect the uniqueness of each of our partnerships- I for one do not feel that it shows a great deal of respect to friends to simply give them a treaty template and insert their name where necessary. It also has the title in Polish and Yiddish which I happen to think is rather nifty. :)

This Treaty would also make our governments encourage citizens to visit eachother and also gives each of us a Casus Belli in the event of a third-party attack on either of our nations. This would mean that whilst neither Ashkenatza nor Interland is obliged to help the other if they are attacked, they would have a justification with the blessing of the other government to do so. This is an assertion that we care for eachother's security but not a legal obligation that steps have to be taken in that regard. Interland, as Your Excellency pointed out, does not wish for a full military alliance at this stage and we fully respect that.

If you have any additions to this Treaty please do let me know. I should also inform you that I have just been elected 16th Nohsi of the Republic and will continue to deal with these Treaty negotiations as outgoing Foreign Minister. After this Treaty has been signed, however, I will no longer be responsible for Foreign Affairs and my successor will be along to oversee the first steps in our new friendship.

Regards,

GOLTZ

22 lis 2012, o 15:29
Zobacz profil WWW
Administrator

The treaty is an example of wording art at its finest. Thank you for spending your time writing it.
On the matter of the name for the Treaty, I propose a not-so-witty name of Treaty of Eagle and Water Lily, as Nymphaea, also called a nenuphar or a lotus, is the national symbol of Interland, pictured on our arms and being a traditional decoration for various state holidays.

The solution for grievous times, may they not come, is a reasonable one. Thank you for taking our neutrality into such a deep consideration.

There are only two questions which I shall point out. One is that the name of the Treaty in Polish contains a trivial mistake, as after the word 'Republika', Polish grammar expects genitive case of the country's name, being the literal translation of 'of Ashkenatza'. It should read 'Traktat między Republiką Aszkenacy i Republiką Interlandu'; particularly when the common impersonation of your home country is 'Mother Ashkenatza', that is, a female character. [OOC note: the word Aszkenaca was altered using a pattern for feminine nouns]

The second one is the matter of free trade zone, as we currently have one such a hub in Interland, that being Kupców, also known under the English name of Merchanton, and look forward to build one in Udavala, near Djerbah Islands and on the way to Mahoz haSephardim. But currently we have no such facilities in Newlands, in the North-Eastern part of Interland. We might add a provision for us to build one in near future, but it will require raising funds and a good few months or even two, three years (IC) to complete such a project.

I am looking forward to your reply on the second matter.

Z wyrazami szacunku,

23 lis 2012, o 01:08

In that case, Mayn Herr, you can count on Ashkenatzi support for the expansion of Interland's intermicronational commercial facilities. For the time being let's specify Kupców as Interland's primary port for trades with Ashkenatza. I've updated the Treaty below to reflect that and the new name you specified- 'Treaty of the Eagle and Water Lily'.

Cytuj:
TREATY OF THE EAGLE AND WATER LILY

Traktat między Republiką Aszkenacy i Republiką Interlandu

The Republic of Ashkenatza and Republic of Interland, hereafter referred two as the 'two Republics' desirous of strengthening their ties and building a friendly bilateral relationship, agree to embark on a path of non-aggression, mutual recognition and political and economic co-operation. The peoples of both Republics, committed as they are to the democratic ideal and the rights and liberties of their respective citizens, to eachother's stability and security and that of the Greater Keltian region as a whole, commit themselves to the following pledges and principles:

The two Republics hereby recognise eachother as independent, sovereign micronations. They will respect the possessions of the other, virtual or physical, and their complete territorial integrity. Neither party will aid nor abet any attack or subversive act against the other. An attack on one Republic will grant the other a Casus Belli upon the hostile party.

The two Republics will endeavour to identify joint spheres of mutual co-operation and may render unto eachother diplomatic and political support on the intermicronational arena when deemed necessary. Each nation will invite the other to open a Legation and Consulates so as to foster further diplomatic co-operation.

Two free trade zones in the territories of both Republics (for Interland, the port of Kupców and for Ashkenatza the port of Roithafn) shall be opened to foster the free exchange of goods and services. Both nations shall simplify the processes for and reduce the requirements for visa applications and invite the other to invest in identified areas of mutual economic growth. Transport links between two territories will be improved, in particular between Interland and the Ashkenatzi territories of the Mala'eretz and Wansun.

Concrete steps will be taken to increase contact between the citizens of both Ashkenatza and Interland and both governments will encourage citizens of one Republic to visit the other, so as to develop a friendly and lively relationship on a grassroots level. Cultural programmes and exchanges will be actively encouraged to familiarise citizens with the culture of the other Republic.

This Treaty may be amended upon receipt of signatures by accredited representatives of both nations to the amendment in question and may be repealed after giving the other party one month's prior notice.

This Treaty shall enter into force upon the receipt of signatures of accredited representatives of both nations.

Signed,

On this day, the __ of _____, 2012/5773

Your Excellency need only let me know whether this draft treaty is appropriate and if it is, I can present it before the Knesset.

Mit Grusn,

GOLTZ

25 lis 2012, o 19:56
Zobacz profil WWW
Administrator

It is. Do as you say.

25 lis 2012, o 21:50

Herr Abramowicz,

I am very happy to say that the Knesset has unanimously passed the Treaty of the Eagle and Water Lily. If Interland's legislature has done the same, I suggest we sign the document and exchange ambassadors at your earliest convenience.

I remain,

GOLTZ

9 gru 2012, o 02:55
Zobacz profil WWW
Administrator

I'm happy to hear the news. The voting procedure in Interland usually needs to extend to RL or at least IMs, as most of the citizens became too busy to check the fora, so you won't see those here... But the treaty passed with 1 for and 1 abstain.

Therefore I'm ready to sign the document.

OOC: And for the reason mentioned above I'll have to represent Interland in Ashkenatza by myself or with a papel.

9 gru 2012, o 13:37

Cytuj:

Two free trade zones in the territories of both Republics (for Interland, the port of Kupców and for Ashkenatza the port of Roithafn) shall be opened to foster the free exchange of goods and services. Both nations shall simplify the processes for and reduce the requirements for visa applications and invite the other to invest in identified areas of mutual economic growth. Transport links between two territories will be improved, in particular between Interland and the Ashkenatzi territories of the Mala'eretz and Wansun.

Signed,

M. GOLTZ, 16th Nohsi of the Republic

On this day, the 11th of December, 2012/5773

11 gru 2012, o 03:20
Zobacz profil WWW
Administrator

Cytuj:

Signed,

M. GOLTZ, 16th Nohsi of the Republic

Paweł Abramowicz
the President of the Republic of Interland

On this day, the 11th of December, 2012/5773

11 gru 2012, o 15:11
Odpowiedz w wątku   [ Posty: 18 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2